Where to get digital embroidery designs
The best part of owning an embroidery machine is stitching anything you want onto your project! Show off your personality and good taste.
Your embroidery machine probably came with some built-in designs, but those are only fun for beginners. Sooner or later you’re going to get a hankering for something cooler.
Where to buy embroidery designs
Here are 10+ great shops & sites to download new embroidery designs for your machine.
- DesignsBySiCK – Tons to choose from, low prices. Free designs get posted regularly to their Facebook fan page.
- elizabethk314 – Want more fonts for your embroidery designs? ElizabethK’s Etsy shop has got you covered.
- eBay – Stock changes regularly, eBay can be a good source of inexpensive embroidery designs
- Embroidery Library – Specializes in huge, detailed designs. Lots of quilt designs, too. I like this site because it shows you what the design looks like finished at each size it’s available in.
- Embroidery My Heart – Tons of licensed embroidery designs, including Disney, Muppets, Spider-Man and Pokemon designs
- FunStitch – Cutesy, childlike embroidery and applique designs
- iBroidery – Great source of embroidery designs of licensed characters (Disney, Pixar, Nickelodeon, etc).
- InitialHereApplique – So many appliques in one Etsy store! Borders, designs, cute & modern.
- Grand Slam Designs – Huge online store for embroidery designs
- Monogram Font Store – Excellent Etsy shop offering great-looking embroidery monogram designs for download.
- Rusty Needle Design – Etsy shop selling offbeat designs for embroidery machines. Not a bird or Easter basket in sight!
- UrbanThreads – Awesome, unique designs catering to a more alternative crowd
Where to get free embroidery designs
Many embroidery design shops offer free designs if you sign up for their mailing list or become a fan of their Facebook page. Sweet!
- Brother – If you own a Brother embroidery machine, sign up for their mailing list to receive free designs.
- Craftsy – Sign up via Facebook to get free embroidery designs
- FunStitch – 3 pages of free embroidery designs
- Grand Slam Designs – Link goes directly to their free designs section. No strings attached, but you do need to make a customer account (it’s free).
- UrbanThreads – Rolling selection of free offbeat alternative embroidery designs. Check back often, the featured free design changes frequently.